Sunday 3 February 2013

Idle Pose Referencing

             The idle pose I imagined using was the character slightly swaying his body and staff in opposite timing/direction, with him picking up the staff with two hands every now and then with a head turn that shows him looking around his environment. I figured the best way to reference what I specifically wanted to do was to record myself doing so. Here is a video of me trying to do the movements I just described. The actions are subtle, with a secondary action that is not so subtle, such as the head turn and staff switching from one hand to two hands.




You get a general idea of what I am aiming to deliver. I have drawn a pose-to-pose illustration of what I am aiming for using the video I made as a reference. I need to talk with my team and lecturer about frame limits, to make sure the idle is able to have a long enough frame span to include all the movements I am proposing.

Here is the pose-to-pose illustration:


No comments:

Post a Comment